Thursday, October 29, 2009

WTF. 9 weeks 4 days.

I threw up in a parking lot last Sunday. It was awful. I would like to offer my formal apology to the owners and patrons of Tally's Good Food Cafe for the disgusting show I put on as I hung my head out the car door. Thank god it was 4:00 and no one was around (that I saw at least). I really wanted to do something to clean it up but all I could do was pour out the remainder of a bottle of Aquafina in an attempt to wash the evidence away. Needless to say the rest of my Sunday was spent on the couch watching some old movies with Jimmy. Did I tell you how much I love Netflix? So many great movies right at your fingertips. Who needs Blockbuster? Apparently no one since they're going bankrupt. But I digress...

Other than the barfing on Sunday I've been able to eat semi-decent amounts of food, probably a third to a half of what I used to eat, sometimes less. I went to Oktoberfest last Saturday and didn't get to enjoy any beer of course but I did sample some tasty bratwurst and kraut. Mazzio's pizza is my fave lately. Most things I eat once I never want to eat or smell again. Isn't that weird? BUT if I don't think about it and just go for it and start eating something usually I can make some good progress. It's the most annoying thing ever. I really hope I'm one of the lucky ones whose nausea ends with the first trimester. That would mean only have 3 more weeks of this crap!

Here's a breakdown of what I can and cannot enjoy these days. I miss food and eating and coffee so much. :(

Things I Cannot Eat/Drink:
chicken
ranch Style Beans
vegetables
beef
really cheesy food
coffee
non-bottled water
prenatal vitamins (don't worry I take them. I just don't like it.)

Okay I can't finish this list, it is making me feel like I might barf. Seriously.

Things I Can Eat/Drink:
pizza
pickles
fruit
soda
Aquafina
oatmeal
lemonade

It's a short list but it works.

Smells I Can't Stand:
fabric softener
laundry detergent
cleaning supplies
meatloaf
pan-cooked or Forman-grilled chicken
really savory smells
cologne/perfume
my vitamins
the dogs
my house
pretty much everything

I cannot wait for week 13..........................

Sad face, :(
ash

No comments:

Post a Comment