Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'm such a wimp. 6 weeks 5 days

I've had this "morning" sickness crap for 10 days now and I'm already at my wit's end. It's not that I just feel a little queasy here and there, it also makes me moody and pissed off and hungry for I never know what exactly and totally cuts into my daily routine. I have been doing almost nothing besides going to work and then sitting on the couch for the last two weeks. Today I thought maybe I'll go out tonight, that will be a good change of pace. I'll get to see my friends and get out of the house and - oh no - wait. You have to be miserable all night, remember? You silly girl, who said you could have a life? I'm sure this sounds dramatic but I'm used to going out and about as I please. Not that I'm terribly adventurous but at least before I could go out to dinner with people, go out for a drink, go to the gym, shop, hell - whatever I felt like! Now I don't even feel like I have the will or the energy to go to Wal*Mart, and the Wal*Mart is literally in my neighborhood. My poor husband. He has to deal with me being depressed and not ever knowing what I feel like eating and being whiny and sad all the time. He's such a trooper.

Earlier today, before I felt like crap, Jimmy and I had a lovely afternoon together. I got us breakfast from Meritt's, we watched the OSU game at Leon's, then we went to Babies 'R' Us to get an idea of what this kid is going to cost us. It was shocking, to say the least, when we added up the tab; but it was also nice to get out of the house and talk about what colors we like for the room, what kind of stroller we want.... It was really funny to watch Jimmy walk through the store in amazement at all the stuff we will have to buy. I thought I knew more about what babies need than I do apparently. Thank goodness they had a handy checklist to really freak us out. According to the BRU people, we will need no less than four strollers, three swings, and roughly 97 bibs. I mean really.

Okay I'm going to bed so I can sleep off this nausea. Here's hoping tomorrow at Shalomfest will be more enjoyable!

Totally bitter,
Ashers

No comments:

Post a Comment