Monday, October 5, 2009

Blargh. 6 weeks

It started Thursday. I was doing fine except for a little back pain in week five, so I thought maybe I would be the lucky gal who never had morning sickness or the other usual pregnancy bothers. Then Thursday night I decided I hated chicken. If I even say the word the chunks start to rise. Friday and Saturday I managed a few small meals but I sure didn't enjoy it. Who would have ever thought that I of all people would turn away food? Sunday was awful. We were set to host family dinner that evening and every time I thought about what we should make for dinner I wanted to heave the toast I choked down that morning. I felt so sick that morning I figured the best thing to do was sleep as much as possible, that way I could be unconscious of my misery. I crashed for a couple hours, which made for a nice Sunday afternoon, and then Jimmy and I managed to throw a Tex-Mex dinner together for the fam.

I haven't blown chunks yet, thank goodness. I just feel a general sense of yuckiness mixed with nausea and dizziness at all times.

On a happier note, we told my family the good news yesterday and they were really excited. Amy and Will's baby is due on Saturday so we talked about how cool it is that our kids will only be 8 months apart. I can't believe I have to wait 34 more weeks.... oh well, we need the time.

Totally stoked and slightly queasy,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment