Wednesday, October 21, 2009

First Ultrasound! 8 weeks 3 days



I had my first 'real' Dr. appointment on Monday, October 19. Jimmy came along and they did my first ultrasound, which was soooo awesome. We actually got to see the little butter bean and hear the heartbeat in surround sound! The baby looked pretty much like a blob, but wow that heartbeat was so crazy! It was a super strong 169 bpm. The tech said everything looked perfect so that was good news. She also said I was measuring 8 weeks and 1 day, which gave me a two day jump! It's only two days but I will gladly take them.

Jimmy got to meet Dr. Ribaudo, who was very excited for us and very helpful and informative as usual. I really like my doctor. I got really lucky considering I didn't do much research or interview any other doctors before I decided on her. She prescribed me a generic of Zofran, which is given to people with severe nausea. I don't feel like mine is too 'severe' really, but it does pretty much ruin any time I spend awake so I figured I would try the medicine. And boy am I glad I did. I took one as soon as I could on Monday and I felt AMAZING the whole rest of the day! I'm pretty sure I even ate dinner that night. Then yesterday I had three whole meals - smaller of course than what I would have normally eaten, but three meals nonetheless. Today I didn't take any Zofran until around 6:00pm and I had a pretty good, nausea-free day. It looks like things are turning around! And I'm so glad, because there is nothing more frustrating than feeling sick and hungry all the time and being able to do nothing about it. I lost seven pounds these last three weeks but it looks like I may be putting it all back on soon (maybe in boob weight alone - yikes!).

I'll have ultrasound pictures up soon, as soon as Jimmy remembers to scan them.

With a pep in my step,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment