Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What's Up With Zoey: Week 15

I have this amazingly cute video of Zoey chatting at me that I really wanted to post here but it won't load. Boo. I hate technology. Basically she "talks" to us a lot now and it's so adorable you want to stab yourself in the eye. Yeah, it's THAT adorable.

So what's new with the little lamb... Zoey is still sleeping through the night, about 11-13 hours straight. I'm still so amazed by this. Her napping is not so good though, so by the time we get home from work she has about 45 minutes of good mood left and then the rest of the night she's fussy. As mentioned already she's babbling a lot. She said "ma" last weekend, though I'm sure she wasn't referring to me. I think it's a little early for her to be making that connection, but it still made my heart melt when she said it. Zoey is now reaching for and grasping things, especially her frog blanket given to us by one of my coworkers. She still really loves it when we sit her up and stand her up, and will only lay flat for a short period of time before she's had enough. This may sound silly, but she's like a 'real' baby now!

Zoey still can't sit up on her own or play on her own for long, so we spend a lot of time just looking at her, making faces at her, making farting sounds on her belly, that sort of thing. Well we noticed this past week that she's trying to imitate all of our weird faces and sounds. Jimmy will make "razzing" sounds at her and when he's done she'll stick her tongue out and kind of spit back at him. It's so awesome to see her trying to mimic him! As I mentioned before, it's the little things that make being a parent fun. To any onlookers I'm sure we look nuts, but we're having a blast.

I can't believe I almost forgot the most important part - she LAUGHED last Saturday! And I'm the one who made her laugh! It was so so great. I spent the rest of the night trying to get her to laugh again and she just kept giving me this look like come on, mom, I'm not your monkey. Hey, I had to try.

Lookin' good, Zobot!

EDIT: Third try is the charm! Here is the video, courtesy of Photobucket.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I can't wait to see her again! Maybe you could upload the video to flickr and just post a link? :)

    ReplyDelete