Monday, January 11, 2010

The big day is almost here! 20 weeks 1 day

Well, tomorrow is the big ultrasound day! Jimmy and I have been counting down the days for about two months now so we are more than ready. With all the build up to this day the baby better be showing the goods. I really really feel like it's a girl; Jimmy hopes it is a girl but has a feeling it is a boy. Of course we don't care either way, we're just excited to find out and share the news!

What have we been up to the last couple weeks... there was a blizzard on Christmas eve and the snow is still on the ground, it's so weird. It has been extremely cold here recently - several days last week the temperature didn't get above 18 degrees. Since it's been so cold we've just been kind of laying low and staying in and researching a LOT of baby stuff. Well, I have been researching and then I tell Jimmy all about it. We've discussed baby names a little here and there, but we decided we would wait to seriously talk about it once we know if we're having a boy or girl. I can't think of any boy names I like but my girl list is getting pretty long. Jimmy vetoes every name I throw out and he hasn't taken the time to make a list yet. The plan is for each of us to make a list of 5-7 names, then trade lists and circle the two or three we really like, then work from there and come to an agreement. Sounds like a good idea in theory but I know some feelings may be hurt in the process. It's going to be interesting.

We're going to register tomorrow! After we leave the doctor we're going to Target and Babies 'R' Us to set up the gift registries and buy an outfit or two (or three). Of course we're going to want to buy everything we see, but we've got to hold out until after the baby showers. We're ordering the crib this week too! I can't wait because that means I can stop researching cribs. I'm so tired of researching baby products, but it's an addiction at this point. I spend my evenings on the laptop reading the message boards and the consumer reviews. I need a hobby.

The baby has been kicking a lot lately! The kicks started about two weeks ago and they feel like I'm being thumped from the inside. I wasn't sure if they were kicks or gas at first, but after a while I caught on. They can't be felt from the outside yet but hopefully soon - Jimmy can't wait to feel them.

  • How far along?: 20 weeks
  • Weight gain: -3 pounds
  • Maternity clothes: Jeans are all maternity at this point. My work pants are quite snug so I'm buying those in maternity one at a time.
  • Sleep: Still doing well. I get uncomfortable in the morning because I always have to pee really bad but I never want to get up to do it.
  • Stretch marks: Still no - I'm using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm every chance I get.
  • Movement: Yes! Little kicks throughout the day.
  • Gender: My mother's intuition says girl, and we will find out tomorrow
  • Best moment of this week: It will be tomorrow when we go to the doctor.
  • Food cravings: I've reverted back to some old nausea feelings a few days this past week, so bland foods are sounding good again.
  • Belly button in or out: In
  • What I miss most: Wine. This new year's eve just wasn't the same without a nice adult beverage.
  • What I'm looking forward to: Tomorrow's ultrasound and registering.
  • Words of Wisdom: Get your beauty sleep - you don't need anymore pre-child wrinkles.
  • Milestones: The baby now weighs 10 ounces and is the size of a cantaloupe! Lots of exciting development happening lately.
Can't wait til tomorrow!
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment