Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hello, third trimester! 27 weeks 3 days





Well, I've made it to the final stretch! I'm officially in the last stage of this odd and exciting journey, and I have to say I'm getting a bit freaked out. Jimmy and I took a tour of the hospital's labor and delivery wing last night. I was really excited to see where it's all going to go down, but it also kind of scared me! I think because that made it more real. I got to see where my daughter is going to be born. I'm going to have a baby. A girl baby. A girl baby that I have to take care of for the rest of my life. Oh man.

We started our Bradley classes two weeks ago and so far so good. I'm really glad we decided to do this; maybe I could have done it med-free if I simply put my mind to it, but I feel like the Bradley classes are really preparing me mentally and physically for this undertaking. Plus we have a great support group in our instructor and the other couples in our class. I think most of labor is going to be mental. I have to have the right attitude and I have to be relaxed and focused and I can deal with the pain. The pain is only temporary, right?... Right. And Jimmy is going to be there to distract me and make sure I'm relaxing. If he passes out I don't know what I'll do!

We had two baby showers last week, and they were a blast! Chase and Natalie threw one for my friends on February 21. We got so many lovely gifts from our wonderful friends; I feel so blessed and fortunate to know all of them. Jimmy's coworkers threw us a shower the next day, and they hooked us up too! At this point we have all the necessities, lots of adorable clothes and some fun stuff too. And we still have our family baby shower in April, which I'm so excited for. My mom and sister have been working hard on getting it all together and I know they're going to do a great job. Plus I'll get to spend a nice weekend with my family!

Belly Watch 2010: I think I'm finally starting to look preggo! I still haven't gained much weight but the belly is starting to round out. I got my first thoughtless comments from coworkers last week. Both were to the effect of, "Are you pregnant? Oh, I thought you were just gaining weight." Um, really? I know they weren't necessarily calling me fat, because I am pregnant after all so I have an excuse to have a belly, but they weren't exactly congratulating me either. It was more like, "Oh yeah, I noticed you have looked like a schlub lately and I would like to point this out to you in a very tactless manner. Not that I am in any way fit or attractive myself; however, I do like to make people feel as miserable as I do." Jerks. I have a feeling I'll be hearing more of these thoughtless comments over the next 13 weeks so I'm not going to let it get to me. I just find it kind of amazing that people think they can say whatever they want to a pregnant lady.
  • How far along?: 27 weeks
  • Weight gain: 3 pounds (net)
  • Maternity clothes: All pants are now of the maternity variety. I had to make a weekday trip to Motherhood Maternity last week because my pre-preg pants with the Bella Band were getting sooo uncomfortable. Now I'm living large in these glorious maternity pants where the stretchy belly area goes practically up to my arm pits. They are heaven.
  • Sleep: I have to get up at least once per night to go to the bathroom, and I always wake up before my alarm goes off. My hips had been hurting for the last few weeks so I had the genius idea of spooning a body pillow while I sleep - it's so comfortable! Now if I could only sleep in I would be so happy.
  • Stretch marks: Nope! Thank you Burt's Bees Belly Balm.
  • Movement: Frequent, and getting stronger. I can see it when she kicks now!
  • Gender: Girl!!!
  • Best moment of this week: My great body pillow idea :)
  • Food cravings: I'm not having any weird pregnant lady cravings, but some things I really enjoy right now are Greek yogurt (yum!), milk, and cookies.
  • Belly button in or out: In, but getting smaller...
  • What I miss most: Again, my energy. I'm so tired all the time! And I'm usually happy to stay at home and relax. Not like me at all.
  • What I'm looking forward to: Doctor appointment on my birthday next week - I get another ultrasound so I'm hoping everything looks perfect and they can tell us how big she is.
  • Milestones: Zoey's eyes are open, and she weighs over two pounds.
I'm sleepy...
Smash

No comments:

Post a Comment